Sunday, June 18, 2017

Instant Pot No Egg Cheesecake

I recently jumped on the band wagon and bought an instant pot FINALLY!!!!  OH MY GOODNESS was that the best decision I have ever made.  Not only has it made dinner easier and impossible deserts possible but it has saved my life too many times.  Cheesecake use to be one of those impossible deserts for me.  It always seemed to take forever and the kitchen had to be the right temp. and you couldn't accidently bump the stove because the center would fall and if over is too hot it doesn't turn out right.  All that being said there is always DON'T OVER MIX THE EGGS!!!!!  I always over mix and end up with scrambled eggs in my cheesecake.  YUCK NASTY and just a sad dump into the garbage. 
     So I experimented with different recipes once I got the instant pot and finally found one that sounded very simple and that I could pull it off with 3 kids running around and without the privilege of a fancy mixer.   I use to have my moms old mixer that she used when I was a kid but somewhere in our last 3 moves I have lost the base and can't seem to locate it anywhere.  So I use my husbands cordless drill with my beater.  It works great and I will continue to use it until I burn the motor out. 
     The first recipe I tried in the instant pot had eggs in it and I actually didn't over mix them, thank goodness because I gave that batch to my sister and family.  The second batch on the other hand I over mixed and it was disgusting, of course it was the batch for my family.  The look on my sons face was priceless.  He is 8 and doesn't hide his opinions very well....lol... my husband tried to tell me it was decent and I knew he was lying to me.  My 4 year old and 1 year old didn't care they ate around the scrambled eggs until the mason jars were clean. 
    I gave it a second try with the same recipe but without eggs and I even left out the crust because I hate the crust.  It turned out perfect and I made this yummy Greek yogurt topping for it instead of the traditional sour cream New York Cheesecake topping.  I could have just ate the yogurt topping and been happy.  Unfortunately it was for our Easter get together and I had to share with our entire family but I had cooked them in baby food jars so that everyone would get just a small dose of the yummy goodness.  No actually I did that so it was easy to carry around with them instead of having to cut a piece and lick their fingers and hope it doesn't fall off the knife on the way to their plate.
    I ordered a special push pan to make cheesecakes in it finally came in the mail and I decided to give it a shot for Father's Day.  It was very simple to alter the egg recipe into a no egg recipe.

                  *  I am sorry I don't have a better picture but like I said nothing last long enough


Crust
1 sleeve of crushed graham crackers
1 stick melted butter

Filling
2 8 oz. pkgs softened cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla (I added extra since I wasn't using eggs)

Topping

1 1/2 c. vanilla Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. sugar

Cooking Directions
Crush graham crackers up in food processor and then add melted butter and mix until combined.
Push it down into push pan until even.

Cream softened cream cheese until creamy and then add sugar and mix until combined well.  Add vanilla and either mix with mixer or fold it in. 

Pour filling into pan and even out, place pan on trivet and make sure there is 2 cups of water in IP liner.  I cover my pan with a paper towel and layer of foil to keep moisture out of my cake.  Cook on high pressure for 36 minutes.  QPR

Mix Greek yogurt and sugar together until sugar is dissolved and then pour over the top of cheesecake while it is still hot. 

Let cheesecake sit out for about 30 minutes and then put it in the fridge until ready to serve.  Most recipes say to let it sit overnight but a cheesecake will never last that long in my house.  It usually makes its about an hour in the fridge before someone is trying to cut into it. 

Hope you enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment